View Single Post
Old
12-05-2003, 07:41 AM
Habsaku

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker316

With the way you write, it's a wonder I could actually understand you..so here you go.

I was stating the fact he was overrated, and using certain statistical categories to back up my opinion. That's all. Personally, why do we need to have a second assist? Anything more then one pass unless it's some perfect tic-tac-toe play is basically luck. I'd do away with it. It doesn't really bother me, I just find it odd is all. Not just for ribiero, and for your assumption that I dont want him to have any fans. I dont care if he has fans...I just think certain people, when you actually say something against ribs, they get all perturbed and defend him as if he were family.

First off you lose a lot of credibility with your first phrase. The guy doesn't speak English very well and its not his first language, give him a break. Not being able to speak in his language can handicap his argument, just ask Plekanec, he looks like a moron but when he spoke french he seemed to back what he was saying with much much more ease.

I don't think we should get rid of secondary assists and I find them important. They are often what leads to goals, defensemen wouldn't get any points if it werent for them because Markov doesn't always look for the open guy but also the guy who can make a play happen. If he passes to Koivu, he knows Koivu won't shoot, but if koivu then dekes and passes to Zednik who scores, won't you give Markov some credit by giving him a point?