View Single Post
Old
05-04-2006, 09:50 AM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave
That we need to upgrade our centre position, i would agree with. That we would need to for Gaborik to be useful, I don't. If by some miracle of hockey we start next season with Gaborik on our roster, stick him on a line with Koivu and Ryder and I think we would see the best of all three players.

But in regards to the true #1 centre issue, what would people be willing to give and who are the people who we would aquire (in speculation land - not particularly reality)?
I think the team needs a really good forward. Whether he's a C or a winger doesn't concern me that much. I don't see it as replacing Ribs,Zed, whoever but more of improving the team. Either would help, and I wouldn't have a problem with anyone staying and seeing how they'd profit by playing with another player of Kovy or Koivu's quality. Lang,Gaborik somehow, hard to say. It's so important to get a quick read on what teams are looking to dump someone to step back and re build, identify a player who might succeed in a different system, look at Cullen . I don't think the team wants to bid for a 6M player , though I wouldn't be shocked to see them acquire a big $ guy in his last contract year.