View Single Post
Old
09-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubifan924 View Post
Okay fair enough, Nash is a 'dynamic' player and Gomez isn't.
But if Nash trends downwards from 59 points when he comes to New York for whatever reason (pressure, age, any reason) these trades could turn out to be remarkably similar. Rangers would be stuck with an albatross of a contract just like Montreal.

I don't expect this to happen, but I pointed out similarities that are fact (points per game in season before trade 58 pts vs 59 pts, large-salaried players (Nash and Gomez), and #1 defensive prospects involved in deal). It has the potential to turn out the same way as the Canadien deal. But it also has the potential to turn out brilliantly for the Rangers. You never know.
points down matter with Nash. Goals matter. hes not brought in here to score 40 or 50 assists. Hes bought in here to score goals.

and the "for whatever reason" needs to be fixed...what if the reason is a lockout? what if the reason is he gets slewfooted and is concussed? there are plenty of reasons a players point/goal totals can legitimately fall. so id say, barring a legitimate reason, theres no reason he shouldnt score at least 30 goals this season. 30 goals, to me, is the minimum. 40 would be excellent. 50 would be incredible.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote