Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: Bruins Re-sign Tyler Seguin: 6 Years at 5.75
View Single Post
Old
09-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly85 View Post
We can make a bet now, and I will literally, literally pay pal you $100.00 in a bet that Hall will outproduce Skinner and be the vastly more impactful, better all around player by a significant (nice way of saying "massive" or "huge") margin when the two are compared, even just this upcoming season *fingers crossed there is one*. People will see what kind of a beast Hall will turn into over the next 1-2 years. This conversation will be completely absurd 3 years from now. Yes the gap is that large, maybe not between Seguin and Hall, but for Hall and Skinner definitely. I also expect Hall to be a better point producer and overall player than Seguin in the near future as well.
Yeah, I'm sure you believe that. That's why I added the "Homers going to homer" comment.

It's quite simple. For each of their respective careers thus far:

Hall - .75 PPG, 18 minutes a game (average)
Skinner - .73 PPG, 17 minutes a game (average)
Seguin - .55 PPG, 14 minutes a game (average)

Tell me how one is "clearly" better than the other at the moment, because I'd love to see the justification.

As for their careers going forward, I'm not going to attempt to predict the future, especially when two out of the three players have had injury-plagued seasons this early in their careers. I will say that, theoretically, this upcoming season, all 3 will have the best support surrounding them in their careers thus far, with Edmonton getting a RW in Yak and Carolina getting a solid 2nd line center in J. Staal.

Blueline Bomber is online now   Reply With Quote