Old
09-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
PSN: WildGranlund

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
Yeah, I'd say 70+ points is unrealistic, even if it's a career year.

I'm not saying he's a lock to reach this potential, but I think the best possible "upside" Gudbranson has is that of a Shea Weber, both in terms of style of play and in terms of production. Both have hard shots, both are adept at moving the puck, both skate well for guys their size, and both bring an impressive physical game. So if you're looking for a good "best case scenario if everything pans out perfectly", I think Weber is the measuring stick.

Or if you want a more modest comparison, I'd go with Brent Seabrook.

To repeat, I'm not saying Gudbranson will reach that, but IF he does max out his potential and hits his absolute ceiling, I think Weber's point totals are more along the lines of what you should expect, not 70-80 points.
Love the Seabrook comparison;first thing i thought of when he was drafted..

Gudbranson has the potential to be a very good number 2 defensemen, and should fit in perfectly with Kulikov..

He gets less recognition because he isn't a flashy, PMD type of player, as well as the fact that he plays in Florida.

He will be a valuable part of the Florida core going forward, a core which seems to be progressing nicely.

Lars The GOAT Eller is online now   Reply With Quote