View Single Post
Old
09-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Roulin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
Ok so if Seguin isn't doing the heavy lifting and is still potting over 65 points...what does it say when he gets to do the heavy lifting with the top talent on the team with the team focusing on his strengths when creating the gameplan.......

Seguin is a stud and he's one i take any day on the habs even at the price of scott gomez (by that i mean 7+mil)
Chara plays 25min/g, so even the second tier forwards on the team get to play with "the top talent." Seguin is getting more favorable zone starts and a lighter quality of competition than Bergeron.

Again, I'm not saying that I wouldn't take Seguin on my team! I absolutely would love Seguin on the Habs, contract included. I just think there are a couple of options that would've been smarter bets for the Bruins. They could have gone safe, waiting until after the season for the extension, then going with a series of short deals commensurate with his performance. Or, if they are convinced like you that he is a franchise player and wanted to get a long extension in before the next CBA, they could have bought more UFA years, like we did with Pacioretty or to a lesser extent like the Oilers did with Hall. As it is, both Seguin and Marchand are signed to deals that are expensive enough that they qualify as gambles by the Bruins, yet not long enough to be offer significant enough rewards for the team if the players outperform the contracts, IMO.