View Single Post
Old
05-04-2006, 10:37 AM
jcpenny

vCash: 500
I see a lot of movements in the minds of many posters and i think yall are way off base here. The big mistake is trying to stack your team and waste cap space all in one summer. The succesful teams will build from within and sign one significant UFA a year if needed. Thats what i think we'll do. This team has the chance to be a force for years to come, Gainey knows it and he will pursue his plan like he did this year with Higgins, Plek and Perez. Next year we will see Lapierre and Kosts. For the UFAs up front i only see Arnott as an option and if it doesnt work promote Plekanec. Some dont like Arnott but hes a better option than Ribeiro or Lang and he knows Gainey, Carbonneau and Muller (Future assistant).

IMO Gainey will shop Souray and he could get us a good center or future top 4 D. Why trade Souray? Hes physical but cant move lateraly and the most mistakes prone on D. A guy like Mckee would be an upgrade (Forget Redden and Chara). Zednik, Ribeiro and Souray could be used as trade assets. Bulis, Sunny, Ribeiro all need to go. Zednik also but hes the last on that list that should go.

Line up

Perezhogin-Koivu-Ryder
Kostitsyn-Arnott-Kovalev
Higgins-Plekanec-Lapierre
Bégin-Bonk-Murray

Markov-Komi
Souray(?) - Rivet
Bouillon -Dandedault