Old
09-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Why?

Mach is an okay bottom 6 player, but it like he is a perfect fit.

The 3rd line is full.

Gagnon has spent more time playing a defensive role.

Gagnon adds value due to positional flexibility and in the faceoff circle.

Mach seems to be the logical choice and has probably earned a shot, but I don't think he has proven to be anything special thus far.
The Jets have more than enough natural centers on the roster (Little, Jokinen, Antropov, Burmistrov, Slater, Wellwood, not to mention potentially Cormier/Scheifele).

Gagnon is a terrible NHL player. Really really really terrible. Small, slow, bad hands, bad defensively, struggles in almost all aspects of the game, cannot keep up. I don't get how him being not good enough to play top 6 even in the AHL is a plus (I assume that's what you mean by "spent time playing in a defensive role). He is not a defensive first type of player, he is just not good enough to play a top 6 role in St. John's it's not like he is a defensive player.

He was quite easily the worst player to don the new Jets uniform to date, by quite a margin as well, IMO. As I said, if the management cannot see that I would SERIOUSLY question their talent evaluating ability.

I was not making that much of a point about Machacek, but if it is on top of all the above factors, the reason Machacek is not in the NHL, it is just pouring salt in the wounds.

Anyways, back on topic. Love seeing Machacek being back, I seriously think he has very very solid Chad LaRose type upside (gritty, hardworking, knack for the net, 20-20 3rd line winger). Exactly what our 3rd line could use. Has been my favourite prospect we got from ATL since day 1.

Also MOD NOTE, I'm merging this with the signing thread, no need for two threads on Machacek on the top page.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 09-11-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote