vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
you can?

really?

lopsided?
Yes

Quote:
i could see it eventually becoming a fair deal..but lopsided in their favor?

barring injury...how exactly would you see that? You'd have to have 2 players in Anisimov and Dubinsky suddenly become something theyve never become in NY, consistent scorers...AA is a 15-18 goal scorer, and dubi is more like a 20 goal scorer. Dubi makes what...almost 5 mil a year? something like that? Next year AA is going to make 3-4 mil himself. its not like its McD coming in with an entry level deal for 3 full seasons for us. Tim Erixon is the wildcard, but you have to give to get...unless Tim Erixon becomes the next Nik Lidstrom, I dont see how this ever becomes lopsided in their favor.
Dubinsky makes 4.2m.

AA I believe has definite upside and I believe he is the main piece in this trade. There is really no denying his talent level, not to mention his quality defensive play. He never really got an oppurtunity as the go to guy or staying on the #1 pp unit. Kesler was nothing more than a 40 pt 2-way player at the age of 23, same with Anisimov. Not saying he's the next Kesler, but I'd be shocked if his numbers don't expectorate with more given opportunities in Columbus. He has two Russian mentors in Tyutin and Nikitin, who are both stud defensemen. Tyutin IMO will have a big impact on Anisimov in a role to help him adapt to the Jackets.

Last yr, I'm not sure if it was an aberration for Dubi, I think he's come down to Earth. Still a very valuable asset with his puck protection skills, that alone will benefit CBJ at both ends of the rink.

And Erixon is top 30 prospect league wide. I could potentially see him being a guy like Kim Johnsson. Top pair guy who can effectively rush the puck up, play the point on the PP, but doesn't have stellar creativity to be a big time point producer, but also has trouble with bigger forwards. I feel bad since he is the exact opposite of what the 'system' thrives for.

Quote:
Nash has scored less than 30 goals what...like twice in his career? something like that?
Sure he's a great goal scorer, but Dany Heatley was twice the goal scorer at the time of his trade. Imagine if EDM gave up Penner, Smid and Cogliano for him, that would've set that franchise back even further.

Quote:
This isnt scott gomez. its the same thing when we got Brad Richards or Marian Gaborik. ppl were talking about how it would cripple us or what not. how? you pay great players what they are worth. Richards, after his slow start, was producing at a 93 point level after finally being put with Gabby. Gabby was what...3rd in the league in goals scored? has scored 40+ goals in 2 of his 3 years here...
I am big fan of both Gaborik and Richards, but not Nash.

Quote:
Nash will be fine. barring a major injury or somehow the guys we gave up becoming players they never showed the ability to become here...i just dont see how your sentence is anything other than typical ranger paranoia.
You're assuming Nash will be fine. I have my doubts whether or not he can play on a contending team in which he'll get benched and scrutinized by the media if he goes through a slump. Time will tell.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote