View Single Post
Old
09-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Deathdealer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Nash is only a franchise player since the standards are so low in Columbus, in fact they had no previous standards before Nash except maybe David Vyborny.

He isn't miles better than a guy like Hemsky, and he was Edmonton's best player for a while. No one dared to call him a franchise player.

It doesn't help that the Canadian media has a big boner for him. Apparently, Nash is a 'winner', plays 'the right way', has size and is a top 10 player in the league. (lol). He's a media darling. He gets overrated, just like another Canadian marketing boy like Trevor Linden did. It doesn't help that you have morons like Doug MacLean, who gloats whenever he has a chance about drafting Rick Nash, is on one of the most high profile sports networks in Canada.

CBJ fans were deluded all those years from their management that Nash was a player you can build a team around. Of course they would want a high return for him.

I don't hate Nash the person, but I just am pretty sick of the media hyping him up. I called Nash the most overrated player last year too.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1&postcount=50

So, I don't have any personal bias against the human, but not a big fan of the player at that cap commitment.
10 bucks you love failborik

Deathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote