View Single Post
Old
05-04-2006, 12:16 PM
habfan4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania
I don't want McCabe. I saw a lot of Leaf games being in Hamilton, and i even have McCabe on my fantasy team.

He is a good fantasy defenceman (pts and PIMs) but a bad real life dman. All he has is a point shot. Kaberle is much better in his own zone and is the guy who makes the Laffs PP run IMO. If it wasn't for all those passes right on McCabes tape for the one timers from Kaberle then McCabe wouldn't get the points. With the new rules McCabes defensive game is shot all to hell. He doesn't skate and pass near as well as Kaberle. Laffs made the right move in the dman they locked up long term.
I see a lot of Leaf games as well (living in Toronto) and I completely agree on Kaberle's passing being the primary catalyst for the Buds PP, unfortunately he's not available. I think Markov could be just as good a setup man and would compliment a guy with a decent shot, doesn't necessarily have to be McCabe (Truth be told I just threw out McCabe's name because it popped into my head). Making a move for a blue liner with a cannon would make the Habs a lot more dangerous on the PP.