View Single Post
Old
09-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
I didn't have any issues with Gagnon when he played. Like most of our callups, Noel sheltered him heavily and I thought he played pretty well. I definitely didn't think he was the worst guy to suit up for the squad. I would save that title for Kenndel McArdel.

The numbers didn't hate Gagnon either. Obviously numbers in a small sample don't mean much, but Gagnon (statistically) played against slightly tougher opposition than Mach and faired far better better at possesion hockey. An On-Ice Shooting % of zero compared to Mach's 26.3 was the big difference.

The Jets do have a glut of centres, but only Slater is good at faceoffs.

I would favor Mach for the last roster spot, but I am not sold on him. Honestly, I'd rather have Fehr or just about anybody that has proven to do well in tough roles.
Even taking out Machacek's unmaintainable shooting percentage, he played much better than Fehr did. Points aside, Machacek brought energy, some physicality, and brought a lot more to the table than Fehr.

Gagnon? I am with Holden. He is nowhere near NHL quality. The only reason his name is even mentioned is because he has a one way contract, even though that means absolutely nothing in regards to affecting his chances of staying in the NHL.

We would need Buff to eat 3 of our centres for Gagnon to even have a sniff.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote