View Single Post
Old
09-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

vCash: 500
Nobody even noticed (including me) that I missed Fedor Tyutin Shows how much attention this thread is getting

Defenseman
Fedor Tyutin
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 188
How Acquired: Trade with NY Rangers (along with Christian Backman, in exchange for Dan Fritsche and Nikolai Zherdev) July 2nd, 2008

Analysis: Another former NY Ranger on the roster, Tyutin has turned into a serviceable top-4 defender with the Jackets, and is the only remaining player from that four player trade to remain in the NHL. After being selected 40th overall in 2001 by the Rags, Tyutin would do some traveling leading into his NHL debut in the 2003-04 season; spending time in the OHL, AHL, and two different teams in the old RSL. Tyutin would join the Rangers full-time in 2005-06, and has since gone on to play 558 NHL games, totalling 42 goals and 185 points in that time. Tyutin is a well-rounded defender that plays well in all three zones. He makes a good first pass, has an underrated shot, and solid positioning in the defensive zone.

Pros: Big shot, size, skating
Cons: Lacks physical play, still makes glaring mistakes

Realistic Expectations: For the first time since joining the Jackets, I think Tyutin can head into this year with a proper role on the team's second defense pair. There is no longer the pressure for him to face the opposition's top forwards on a nightly basis, a role which he is likely not capable of handling. He was excellent alongside Nikita Nikitin last year, and the two should provide the Jackets with steady depth on the blueline. Expect him to play on the second powerplay and penalty kill units, and roughly 20-25 minutes a night overall. I personally wouldn't be surprised to see Fedor excel in this role and have a career year across the board.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote