View Single Post
Old
09-11-2012, 11:29 PM
King In Glory

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Hahaha, you weren't bad at dangling. You actually had some decent moves, but you held onto the puck far too long.

Your defensive positioning leaves a lot to be desired, no offense. Think of the defensive zones as 5 boxes. Four even sized boxes covering the whole zone and a box dead smack in the middle for the center (although the center generally has a little more freedom).

When you're all the way over the LW's point (his square), that's not going to work. Both defensively and on the breakout. It kills the entire breakout.

Also, when a defenseman takes a penalty and you're the RW, you play defense. Just a heads up.

No hard feelings, but just trying to give you some help.
No offence doesn't really apply here when you're assuming that I know nothing about basic hockey as an avid fan for the last 20+ years and a former player (Junior B/I'm no Pro ) I know what positioning is...The reality here is that I do have a defensive game , I'm also speedy thus making me ideal to go EAST-WEST and poke pucks away and usually the only reason I go towards LW is because the LW isn't there...I understand that my style of play doesn't mesh with everyone but once people adapt just a little bit good things tend to happen...I'm sort of like P.K Subban force me to play the system you get a bland product , however letting me play my game usually produces positive results and overall strong hockey plays. I actually am a little perplexed by the statement that my defensive game leaves to be desired as I've always considered myself a two way player...Now again this is just my opinion and obviously I disagree with your assessment. I hope after you've released the book on my weaknesses the rest of the league won't adjust , because then I'll really be in trouble .

Last edited by King In Glory: 09-11-2012 at 11:42 PM.