View Single Post
Old
09-12-2012, 07:41 AM
BBKers

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
Gaborik isn't going anywhere unless he's absolutely tanking it from the point he comes back from the IR to the trade deadline.

People see a new shiny toy and immediately forget about the old one and its uses. Gaborik finally became our go-to guy last year, took responsibility, and became clutch (minus the playoffs where he was playing with a torn labrum).

Another thing people are going to need to understand, is that this team won't be as dominant in the regular season as it was last year. Make no mistake, the roster, as currently constructed, is much more of a playoff geared team. Our bottom 6 is quite weak, and won't be considered "strong" until next season at the earliest. We also have some injuries and depth issues that will need to be addressed at some point for us to be legit.

I like that we didn't get Doan. I was on the fence about getting him to begin with, but now that he chose to stay in PHX (which was the best move he could have done in my opinion), I think this presents an excellent opportunity for a few of our young players to make the team straight out of camp.

Asham's not going to be playing for the first 20 or so games
. I can't envision a scenario where both Rupp and Haley play on the same line, either. So that leaves about 2 roster spots for our prospects to take: a 4th line spot, and a 3rd line spot. I'm going to assume Newbury takes the role of Brandon Prust, temporarily until Asham comes back. That leaves Thomas, Miller, Fast, and maybe even Bourque to try and get that 3rd line spot. This is going to be one exciting camp to watch, or a temporarily exciting AHL season... depending on what happens these coming few days.
Asham received a 4 game suspension on April 17th. He has served 3 of these games in the playoffs already. Hence, only a one game suspension remains at the beginning of the 2012/2013 season - whenever that is...

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote