View Single Post
Old
09-12-2012, 09:32 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss53mech View Post
Our PK will probably be just fine. The only guy this offseason that I'm kind of dissapointed that we didn't go after/get is Mueller. He is on a cap friendly deal for florida right now and he wasn't nabbed up right away. Has the skill to play with either of the big 2 centers. His health is the big concern but it would have been a pretty much no risk signing. Every body else was either overpriced/picked a different direction/re-signed with their team/wasn't a good fit for the price.

I can see the concern over our defense being worse than last year, but I'm more prone to agree that if you move out Staal you are essentially moving toward 2 productive line vice 3 and you have to at least attempt to improve with a top 6 winger. Thus the Mueller thing. I can accept that not every move Shero makes will be perfect. I can even accept that the non moves shero makes are for good reason on most cases. It just has to be done with some decent reason behind it. As much as I've tried to come up with one for the Mueller thing the only thing there is the injury problem so I guess that's it?
I've said it a few times now, I think instead of signing a winger who has a chance to rebound Shero is happy to give Tangradi a chance. And I don't think he has any interest in bringing in guys who may possibly be better than Dupuis in the top 6, but definitely aren't good bottom 6 guys if they aren't. Basically, anyone he was going to bring in either needed to be a sure upgrade to the top 6 or be someone capable of playing in the bottom 6 if it didn't quite work out. I also think the defensive play of any forward we bring in is a concern. Sullivan was a train wreck in the playoffs and it hurt us.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote