Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: Caps extend Troy Brouwer (3 years, $3.666M cap hit)
View Single Post
Old
09-12-2012, 09:59 AM
MalcontentCapsFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
I'm surprised it's Caps fan who writes that. We have a lot of checkers and competitive guys. Ovi is at the top in hits, too. Hendricks, Beagle, Laich, now Crabb. Team doesn't really lack that element
Brouwer brings the go-to-the-net attitude with being a top ten hitter in the League. Hendy, Snoopy, and Crabb are fourth liners that I wouldn't pay a contract like this to. Yes they play physical but not at a level that Brouwer does. Ovechkin hits but doesn't crash the net as much anymore. He also toned down a lot of his physical play due to the suspensions and penalties. And Laich is an overpaid guy who competes but doesn't punish people with his hits. He plays with a bit of grit but not much. Still plays with effort so I don't ***** about it too much.

Brouwer is good player for the team and brings what they need (with Knuble getting demoted and released to FA) but I still think it was too early to re-sign him and at a but too much. Hopefully he can stay healthy and increase his point production to offset the cost.

MalcontentCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote