Old
09-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Thanks for the player analysis. However, I have to say if my name is Thornton I look at the top line and I say "Yum!". That's a great way to pile up some serious minus numbers.
I'd personally swap the top two lines. Let Brass and Atkinson feast on second-stringers until Attaboy's ready to embarrass the bigs.

That said, there probably won't be much in the way of substantial ice time difference anyways. We're relying almost exclusively on "secondary scoring" sources, it seems.

Also, I want Boll on the bench and Calvert called up. He can forecheck just as well as Gillies IMO, and puts up far more points.

Quote:
I like your team analysis, although I think our peak is a bit higher. So many wild cards with this team, but baring a complete break down in goal or too many key injuries I think we'll be far closer to 8th than 14th.
Interesting. Judging by this and by the below, you seem to have a higher opinion of our forward corps than I do.

Quote:
Love our defense? Wouldn't go that far. Maybe I could potentially love it in three years. However, I will say it is, bar far, the most NHL competitive defense we've ever had. I still think we have one glaring hole and some depth issues if JMFJ goes down. But it's the best we've ever seen.
I think we've got more and better depth than Nashville and Detroit, and if both top-4 pairings can continue where they left off - particularly the TinTins - we could make a case for having among the best bluelines in the NHL. (Not the best by any stretch of the imagination - even in wild fantasyland, the Rangers have us outclassed, and there's a few others that have similar rosy possibilities. But Tyutin-Nikitin really was that incredibly awesome, and I liked what I saw out of JMFJ-Wiz.)

That said, that is a best-case scenario. And those happen to the Jackets approximately never, so we'll see.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote