View Single Post
Old
09-12-2012, 12:42 PM
dynamoovechkin

vCash: 500
While there might be some arcane similarities in the two trades- I don't think you can make any useful comparisons. At the time of the Gomez trade, we were thin down the middle and Drury and Gomez were the best two centers out there and Slats got em both. I've never been a huge Gomez fan, but it felt like a coup at the time.

With McDonagh, in retrospect it turned out to be a fleecing, but there in no way anybody could have predicted McDonagh would turn out to be an elite D-man. He was just a solid blue chip prospect at the time. Hats off to Slats for that one!

As far as the Nash trade, we needed goal scoring and size up front, and we picked up a franchise center. Let's not forget that Nash was a monster on a Team Canada loaded with stars. He is a durable scorer with great hands and very good skating ability. I predict it will take him some time to adjust (20 games or so?), but will settle into his role nicely.

I don't understand this board sometimes- the Gomez vs. Nash trades now devolves into Gaborik bashing. He may not be the most complete player in the league, but I really appreciate what he has given us.

A healthy Gabby and Nash both going? Look out!

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote