View Single Post
Old
09-12-2012, 12:02 PM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Interesting. Judging by this and by the below, you seem to have a higher opinion of our forward corps than I do.
I think we've got a good crop of good two way forwards. You build the lines properly and we can help hide some of the deficiencies I still see with the blue line back. With our group of forwards and our goal tending, our defense just can't be "better than" a teams like Detroit's. It needs to be a lot better.

We are going to be relying on a lot of 1 goal games and protecting those 1 goal leads. I think our group of forwards can help a lot with that even with JMFJ and Wiz playing 25 minutes a night.

Oh and I said it a long time ago, I think starting the season with Cam and Brass on the same line is a mistake. We've got a lot of top six professional forwards. No reason to stick Cam with Brass. There are a lot better options at center in which Cam will still have plenty of opportunities to put the puck in the back of the net.

Without seeing something new from Brass to start camp, I see him being the #3 or #4 center on the depth cart. More likely #4. We need professionals in the top six. Cam carries himself like one and might earn that, I've seen nothing from Brass since his rookie year that suggests he's a professional on the ice. I do not trust Brass and I do not like his lack of consistency. I don't like the way he carries himself when things are going wrong. The only reason I still want him on the team is that he did fight last season when a lot of other players had given up. But that didn't last the whole last part of the season and the season was already lost. I want to see him in a slump with the team still having something to play for. I don't think it will be long before Johansen beats out Brassard on the depth chart. Once that happens, Brassard will have a tough time securing a top six spot and justifiably so.

Last edited by blahblah: 09-12-2012 at 12:10 PM.
blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote