View Single Post
Old
09-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Protest the Hero

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
Players are not refusing anything. NHL is trying to reduce their benifits, so it's normal they do not want to. they know they will have to, but will wait till last possible second to come to an agreement, pushing the NHL to go as low as they can. full confidence they will reach an agreement prior to 1st game of the season and even minute left to deadline of 15th september IMO.
Everyones playing hardball, but that's just for show, each side just looking to see how much they can get from either side, but it seems both sides want to get it done. (players want to get paid, NHL has been experiencing major growth since last CBA). All the media speculation is being influenced by both parties. (TSN already running articles for "has the situation improve?" while couple days ago,media was talking about 1/2 season, full season lock out.
The NHL made a ridiculous first proposal, then followed up with some improvements. The players came up with a ridiculous first proposal, then haven't done a thing to actually negotiate. They just keep complaining about the NHLs proposals, and throwing their same one back at them.

I'll believe it when I see it, but with the way things are going, it doesn't seem like we'll be getting a full season. On TSN they just mentioned how the two sides are still nowhere close.

I blame both parties by the way. The owners are greedy, and the players are still angry they bent over so much in 2005, which is why they hired Fehr in the first place.