Old
09-12-2012, 07:35 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Chris Botta ‏@ChrisBottaNHL
Text from player pal: "NHL offer is a f***ing joke. Sets PA back 20 years. I appreciate what I got, but wake the ******* up buddy."

Maybe I'm missing something but I didn't think the NHL offer was that bad. Acceptable? No but it was a step in the right direction.
I am not 100% sure, but do we know how the two offers differ in terms of how HRR is calculated? The percentages could mean wildly different things in terms of total dollars based on how big the pie being calculated is.

I know at one point the NHL was talking about using the past definition HRR minus related costs...so more like "hockey related gross income" than revenue. If that is still the case I could see how the PA would still be upset about 50% of a much smaller pie.

Any education is appreciated and I thank you in advance...

EDIT - My bad I should have read the thread better. I see the NHL went back to the previous HRR calculation. If so that 49% is a really fair starting point. From a PA point of view I get that this would not be a true "concession" however since it is already in place.