View Single Post
Old
09-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

vCash: 500
Thanks for the responses and debates guys and gals! It's nice to know that I'm at least being read for all the work I put in!

On to the prospects:

#20. Forward Lukas Sedlak
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 207 lbs
How Acquired: Selected in the 6th round (158th overall), 2011 NHL Draft

Analysis: While Lukas Sedlak's point totals won't stand out much (in fact, I question whether or not he'll be an offensive player at all), what makes him a decent prospect is his intangibles. Lukas won better than 68% of the faceoffs he took for the Czech Republic at the 2010-11 U18 WJCH championships, best in the entire tournament. Last season, he began his adjustment to North American hockey by suiting up for the Chicoutimi Sagueneens of the QMJHL. In spite of the fact that he only played in 50 games, he transitioned well, posting 17 goals, 45 points, 57 penalty minutes, and an impressive +24 rating. Sedlak will return to Chicoutimi for his 19 year old season, and will look to improve across the board, while also continuing to play his solid two-way style.

Pros: Good two-way presence, faceoff ace
Cons: Doesn't have huge offensive potential, tops out as a likely 3rd line player.

Realistic Expectations: I think this year goes a long way in deciding what Lukas Sedlak's future may hold. If he shows improvement over last year, there's a real chance that we may have a late round steal. However, if he suffers setbacks or doesn't produce at a higher rate, one may have to wonder if he'll be anything more than an AHL player for us.

NHL Stylistic Comparison: Sami Pahlsson

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote