View Single Post
Old
05-04-2006, 05:43 PM
Rotang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
I suggested Brendan Morrison in another thread--I always thought he was 2nd line center material anyhow, and I think he'd work well in Dallas, a place that's not the pressure-cooker Vancouver is. He'd cost something in a trade, but I believe his contract would be far cheaper than what you'd have to pay to keep Arnott.

Just a thought.
Morrison is one of my favorite players on the Canucks, he's actually exactly what I think we could use, but his $3.2 million salary would be tough to swallow - at least until Guerin's salary is off the books. Mainly because I'd like to invest that money in a defenseman.

But that said, the consensus on these boards is that Morrison has very little value (which I disagree with), if we could get him for a pick or non-impact player then I'd be all over it. Plus, I'd be willing to wager that Morrison's contract will look at least a little more attractive once this off-season is complete. Alot of the centers available are primed for significant raises, and I'm just not convinced many of them will be worth it.

Rotang is offline   Reply With Quote