View Single Post
Old
09-13-2012, 02:26 AM
Xamboni
BoVat Horseman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
Well I have thought about it.....hence my opinion. He is a can't miss player and his upside is huge. He will be at a minimum a top pairing D man. His ceiling goes up from their.

How much have you watched him play? My guess is not much at all.
Honestly, you can't ever say that his absolute minimum is a top pairing D man. What if he gets injured? What if he cannot adapt to the NHL? What if Toronto's depth on defence doesn't allow him to blossom into a top pairing d-man?

Ovechkin (bad example but still gets my point accross) was projected as a first line superstar, which he was for a while, but right now is when he should theoretically be hitting his peak, yet he is producing like an average first liner.

Seriously, if Rielly is guaranteed to be a first pairing defenseman in the NHL, why did he not go first overall? Why did he end up going 5th overall? Why was he the 3rd defenseman picked in the draft? Why was he not even rated close to the 1st overall pick prior to the draft?

I'm sick of this over hyping.

He is gonna be an incredible defenseman, but in no way in hell is his absolute minimum a top pairing defenseman.

Xamboni is offline   Reply With Quote