View Single Post
Old
09-13-2012, 01:38 AM
hockeyisforeveryone

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by ean View Post
I wouldnt over complicate things too much. Just practice. And also, work on your release. A fast release is just as important as a hard shot.

Clownquestion I think we can feel two attitudes toward improving your shot in the first few reply's. On one hand you have the dynamics/physics of your technique, and another way to look at progressing is just physically shooting, shooting, shooting. I think we need both approaches.

My thought is don't worry about counting how many shots you take. Keep it fun and creative. Dangle a little bit, pull back and bam! Try with your back to the net pivoting quickly and then let loose. All different angles, may be with your hand at different positions on the stick, etc.

At the end of the day when your forearms and shoulders are burning take time and reread an explanation of the dynamics like Jarick was saying. It will inspire you and start to make that connection of being able to describe or truly relate to the experience.

I would agree it sounds like you're starting at the primitive, brute level of strengthening the bones, tendon, and muscles. Here you don't need to talk to much about it, just practice and more practice. Look at a 15 year old's wrist shot, they've had 10 YEARS to build up that ability. I am willing to guess if you keep it up you could surpass that in 1-2 years.

Sorry for the long winded post...I'm just excited and happy for you. I set up a practice pad and a tiny net like 2 years ago and my strength and technique, hands and puck feel have accelerated tremendously. Like the Buddists say the goal is the path...enjoy!

hockeyisforeveryone is offline   Reply With Quote