View Single Post
Old
09-13-2012, 06:35 AM
NyQuil
Neon NyQuil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Why have a NHL season when you can have eternal debates with MAK?

I want :

Latendresse-Spezza-Michalek
Silfverberg-Turris-Alfredsson
Greening-Regin-Zibanejad
Condra-Smith-Neil

I believe Latendresse can be a 30 goals scorer playing with Spezza. He has great hands around the net. Spezza creates a lot of offense around net, Latendresse will be around to bank the rebounds and convert Spezza's feeds. Michalek has proven he can do that already. This line could produce 80-90 goals easily if healthy (which is top-tier in the league)

2nd line is all about hockey IQ and defensive awareness, with a nice touch of offense. All those guys have great shots. They can play against anyone and own the puck. Yes Silfverberg is green in the NHL but I think he could adapt quickly. He isn't dependant on the rink size like Rundblad was. Let Alfie impregne those young guys even more

3rd line is about size and speed with a nice skill touch. Regin if healthy can be a great 2-way center and the other guys can go recover the puck for him. Zib and Regin have great shots if they can use it, Greening goes to the net. Defense is adequate too, just a bit of inexperience

4th line is perfect too. Condra provides the stamina and high hockey IQ. The 2 others provide toughness and "in-your-face" hockey. Tough line to play against and can chip in offensively

If Silfverberg needs an adjustement period, switch him with Regin and make a few moves for the bottom-6 center positions

I'm excited to see that line-up in action
Not a bad line-up, although I suspect that Zibanejad may end up with less ice time on the 4th line, as you point out, due to the lack of experience on the 3rd line. Swapping Neil in would still make for an interesting bottom six.

"Let Alfie impregnate the young guys?"

Not sure if that's physically possible.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote