View Single Post
Old
09-13-2012, 09:13 AM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

vCash: 500
I gave it D+. But that doesn't mean I'm ready to run Holland out of town.

We missed out on Parise and Suter. You can't really blame Holland because regardless of how high or low his offers were to them the player(s) still have to choose to come here and its seems they had their hearts set on playing together in Minny when it was all said and done. But that's :

As for the signings (excluding re-signings of Helm, Bert, Abby and Lord Quincey):

Tootoo: Probably my favorite signing of offseason (although that aint saying much). Brings some grit to bottom 6.

Monster: Good signing to back up Jimmy. Major upgrade over Conklin and JMac

Sammy: Age, chest shots, been there done that scenario, length, NTC, and really he wasn't that necessary to begin. I understand not wanting to give Hudler a lot of money, but I'm not sure what Sammy brings anymore that we couldn't get from Brunner, Gus or Tatar. "Oooo he can play the point on the PP!!!"

Brunner: I didn't know much about him but there's top 6 potential. Boom or Bust guy.

CarloCo: Meh. 6/7th D. He'll probably fall somewhere in between Salei and Commodore. Not great but not bad enough where we'll be at gaffs left and right. Hopefully he's in the press box more than Kindl though. Kindl's been rotted enough.

Very meh off-season. Most of the frustration is towards who or what we didn't get than what we did. We signed a plethora of nice secondary pieces but got no help in the Top 6 or "replacement" for Lids. Didn't really replace Stuart effectively either. We basically have 7 Offensive D-Men.

Last edited by Big Poppa Puck: 09-13-2012 at 09:24 AM. Reason: typos
Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote