Old
09-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
That's the key for me.

I'd rather the lockout last all season, and have the new CBA "fix" the majority of the issues that plague the league, as opposed to getting something hastily done which will just put us back in the same place in a few years.

I don't know as we get closer and closer to this, I feel worse and worse about what I do as a "hobby." The hours I spend of my own time to promote a league, players, and owners, that seem to take the fans for granted.

I guess that was why the Who I Am video was so special, because it was for the fans, but still, I wonder what I could have done with all those hours back to do something "more useful
"

Speaking for myself, a sense of personal accomplishment is usually worth the effort I put into things like this. I've been volunteer coaching Soccer and Baseball for parks and recs, for 5 years now, and its about alot more than spending time with my own kids that are on the teams I coach. Its about having a positive impact on a community...I hope.

I've always enjoyed your stuff on youtube, and now my kids, 8 and 10 have all of your CBJ vids bookmarked. They can't get enough of it Skraut. You do promote the team with your work, and I hope that brings with it a personal sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.

Back on the lockout topic, I guess I agree with the sentiment that its better to get this thing done right than to have hockey this October. I really believe the players have to give in. Teams are losing money, not 1 or 2, but as much as half the league. When teams start folding, noone wins, not the players, owners, and certainly not the fans.