View Single Post
Old
09-13-2012, 09:30 AM
Sabadecade
LOGE Baby!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
Furthermore, regarding the last point, the owners wouldbhave been idiots to agree. Given the foot dragging the nhlpas done they wouldntbhave "negotiated" until a week before they wantes to strike.
I agree that there seemed to be some of this "foot dragging", perhaps a little by both parties that was used as leverage to get a deal done before the current CBA expires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Also with the hardcap for lockout: it was to show how they wouldn't play with the old cba which was what Fehr wanted/asked for. Most speculate because Fehr wanted a late strike to shift the power to the players.
I for one, think that's exactly the reason why Fehr was saying they'd play under the old CBA, not to mention it makes the league look like bad guys for imposing a lockout.

I'd like to see a clause in the new CBA that a subsequent CBA is completed prior to the expiration of the previous one or BOTH NHL and NHLPA are held accountable to their fans via some kind of penalty (i.e. they have to keep playing but all ticket prices are 25% off or something)