View Single Post
Old
09-13-2012, 09:33 AM
JTG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
I think the future of this team, given the young talent they have on defense, should be a shift to the 4-3.

Hood, Heyward, Mclendon, and Woodley played a one gap in college and I think they could be a deadly attacking 4-3.

These guys are stifled playing the read and react two gap having to protect their lbs and when they are in a fire zone and are pulled back into coverage (most especially Woodley), they simply aren't attacking.

Those four playing a one gap, attacking the LOS all game could wreck some havoc. Put Timmons as the Mike and rotate Harrison, Carter and Worilds outside.

I just don't know if DL is willing to adapt to his talent though, because from what I recall, DL 3-4 roots run deep and his schemes are all based off it.
Heyward was a 5 technique in college.

I'm just a fan of the 3-4. I think it's much more unpredictable. That being said, the 3-4 defensive draft pool was our honey hole for years and years, until the rest of the league caught on. A guy like Joey Porter would have been a 1st rounder in today's NFL, but not back when he was drafted. That fact would let me wrap my head around switching to the 4-3, and that we do have guys who are probably better in a 4 man front. I'm just not a fan of the 4-3 because I think it's just an overly predictable, run whatcha brung, defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniugneP View Post
Manti T'eo from Notre Dame?
That's certainly a guy on the top of my list at the moment.