View Single Post
Old
09-13-2012, 04:02 PM
BonMorrison
Soco Amaretto Lime

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PayItForward View Post
I full heartedly disagree. They have no one on their roster who really fits being a #1 center and that includes Fisher and Legwand. Both good players, but not nearly good enough offensively.

If they had a #1 center, then they would be making it a lot further during the post season -- especially when they had Suter, Weber and Rinne as a backbone.
Fair enough. I didn't find offense to be an issue last season as the Predators had a high GF average and the #1 ranked PP in the league (that Hornqvist was a big part of, btw). I think the issue in the playoffs was not having a true forward that could turn the tide of the game around (we thought it'd be Radulov but he wasn't). I personally don't find Krejci to be that guy (yes, yes I'm aware he led the playoffs in scoring two seasons back). I think that while Fisher - Legwand isn't the desired 1 - 2 punch down the middle, if one of them had a gamebreaking winger, the Predators would be stronger while still holding onto their leading goal scorer in Hornqvist.

I'd be more comfortable packaging Blum+ to get a #1 winger.

BonMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote