View Single Post
Old
09-13-2012, 05:01 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eerie Hurdler View Post
This kind of points out to me that the Wings don't have much in the way of depth at center, at least in terms of offensive upside. Sure, there's Jarnkrok, but if he busts, there really isn't anybody to fill that spot. Sheahan is the closest thing, but 2nd line C is about where he maxes out, I think. and even then, I don't see him as a huge producer even on a scoring line, but more of a Brendan Morrison type guy (although actual styles of play are very different) who anchors two scoring wingers.
I am not going to pretend he is the greatest thing ever but Brendan Morrison centered what many people feel was the best line in hockey for a two or three year period. He won the Hobey Baker and was an impressive scorer. He was easily the third best player on the line but a pretty good offensive player in every league aside from the NHL and Elitserien (.98) he was over a point a game player often times massively. Hey I hope Sheahan develops an offensive game.

Right now I would probably throw out a name like Hanzal a guy that can slide up and down the lineup has offensive upside but is a big physical defensive force. I would personally like to have a Hanzal type player so I find this exciting. If Sheahan can become a big power play guy his numbers will be in the 50's, with the right linemates even strength 60's. However if that doesn't happen he is still a pain to play against.

I still hope he finds his offense in a big way next year. He has a plus shot, he likes to skate up the middle through traffic, can play point or in front of the net on the PP. Will throw in a couple of short handed goals as he is great at getting in lanes on the PK.