View Single Post
Old
09-13-2012, 05:30 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstroms pads View Post
I've watched this team since i could walk, i think i've missed about 20 games since then, and this might be one of the best Brynäs teams i've seen iced in the last 15 years. Thuresson is the right player for this team, he fits in to his role next to Järnkrok perfectly. Just because he didn't get to play an offensive role in the AHL for most of the time doesn't mean he is a bad offensive player. He made a jaw dropping penalty shot to win us the game just two hours ago. You also have Harju on Järnkroks left wing. To say Calle is the best by a fair margin just shows you know little to nothing about the team he plays on.

Calle is by far the most talented guy on the team though, he's much more talented that Silfverberg is, but there are still so,so many things he needs to work on. Last year his totals were inflated because he played with Silfverberg. This year he gets a great supporting cast again. He's not very good defensively, or at least not while trying to knock other players of the puck. He's going to have to rely on his quick stick, wich needs to get even quicker, to steal the puck away from his opponents. Though i'll give him that when he gets the puck in the defensive zone he usually gets it up ice very very fast.

He still gets knocked off the puck to easily on the attack, he holds on to the puck way to long in the offensive zone, he tries to dangle to much, he always tries a faked middle-of-the-step-shot that almost never works. He's sometimes frustrating to watch on the attack, borderline annoying and i wish we'd put some one else in his spot, because you know with his skill set he could be so much more effective . He still dives when he gets frustrated.

Thats about it.
Hey it is your home team and glad you can give feedback on it. I only get to watch them from time to time. You can say I know little to nothing about Brynäs, but I can tell you a lot about Thuresson since I have seen him in person close to 100 times and many more games on television. You see that cuts both ways, what your using as an argument against me could make my opinion on Thuresson all the more damning. To say he wasn't placed in offensive roles is inaccurate. He did little to earn them and was never very good when there. It does describe his last season in North America, but he was given ample shots in Milwaukee and failed to impress more often than he ran with them.

When watching games in Europe it is often easy to see some guys talent far outpaces others. Now that is my opinion but I have developed that from watching a ton of hockey and following European hockey for the last 10-15 years.

Järnkrok's skill set you talk about is what sets him apart. It might be frustrating at times, but it is exceptional. That getting the puck up the ice very very fast is a part of his decision making that I see as encouraging for when he is dropped in leagues where that is way more critical. North American hockey and in particular the NHL is a very fast transitional game. I don't care about the diving and he has improved a ton at getting stronger on the puck and taking it away. It still has a ways to go, but he has made huge gains in that area.

What makes a player successful in North America often has to due with raw talent or physical skill set. If you don't have it, making it over here is just a lot harder. By the way in my opinion Harju is also better than Thuresson, his skating was what held him back over here and to a degree in the KHL.

Everyone has opinions on certain players. My opinion on Thuresson is pretty low, hope Järnkrok brings out the best in him. He played his best hockey in Milwaukee with Cal O'Reilly (09-10 before his promotion they were very good together) a cerebral less physical playmaking centerman with good vision. Järnkrok is a much better version of Cal, so maybe it will be a nice fit. I certainly hope so because I would love to see a big season for Järnkrok and your favorite team.