View Single Post
Old
09-13-2012, 06:32 PM
forthewild

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
The next legitimate proposal the NHLPA makes will be their first. The PA isn't negotiating, they're sticking their fingers in their ears and screaming "I CAN'T HEAR YOU YOU CAN'T MAKE ME NANANANANANANANA." They're not obligated to negotiate off of the league's specific proposal, no, but they have to date not submitted anything that remotely resembles a rational idea within their discussions with the league. It's the equivalent of an employer who is losing money offering an employee a pay cut in lieu of a layoff, and the employee responding with "if you give me a 5% raise I will continue to work for you." That's not a negotiation, that's a declaration of work stoppage.
except in this case the employer came out with a Draconian proposal while included loss of rights as an employee, has been touting record revenue growth, has been touting that no franchise is worth less then 200 million dollars (even tho they sell lower) the issue isn't the employer will shut down and cease operation if players don't take a cut, its that there are part who are raking the money in because they are located in favorable markets, those teams are responsible for inflating the cap and making it so the smaller markets can't cover costs.

the owners have then come out with a solution that they take money from players.

to use a better example, you sign a deal to work with a company, your boss boasts about record revenues during a press conference and then comes and tells you he wants you to take a massive pay cut, do you go with it?

again players have said THEY ARE OK WITH SMALLER % OF HRR, JUST NOT WITH GIVING ACTUAL REAL ALREADY SIGNED DOLLARS BACK.

thats where the NHL is ****ing up, you bring up NBA and NFL yet NOT ONE NBA OR NFL PLAYERS HAS LOST A DIME ON A DEAL THEY ALREADY SIGNED BEFORE THE CBA.

the owners want to renegotiate deals already signed through the CBA. that is the sticking point players have.

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote