View Single Post
Old
09-13-2012, 07:39 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
I agree with 1, 2. But 3rd trade was just horrible. Anisomov isn't really a good top 6, let alone an avg. one. And Dubinsky had 3rd line value at the time. + A late pick and a good prospect for a 30-35 goal scorer
lol.

In 10-11, Dubinsky and Anisimov were the 2/3rds of the Rangers top line.

Anisimov is skilled, big, two way center that all 30 teams would love to have. He is going to play 1000 NHL games IMO and carve out a career like Zubrus at worst. I still think he has the skill and upside to be a fixture on a team's 2nd line. Who doesn't want a big, 6foot 4, skilled, 2-way center for their 2nd line?

Dubinsky, I agree is a 2nd/3rd line tweener type, but he is still a quality player. His work ethic, combined with his board play makes him a very valuable asset from line 1 to line 3. I also see him having a long career. 10-11 and 11-12 were both aberrations for Dubinsky, he likely falls in the 20g-40 pt range consistently.

Erixon is a top 30 prospect in the league with great hockey IQ. He'll never outmuscle players on the board, which is why he was dealt instead of say a Del Zotto. He can't play in the Rangers grinding system, but that doesn't mean he's a bad player. He is wildcard between a Stralman or Kim Johnsson type.

That is top notch value for any player, let alone one of the most overpaid guys in the game.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote