View Single Post
Old
09-14-2012, 01:03 AM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidooboy View Post
@garret9 I too haven't been articulate in expressing my opinon.

Heres my problem. I,like the players, am for better revenue shareing system. It works real well for the NFL's tv money. It works real well for the NHL's merchandising buiness. why cant it work for all hockey related revenues.

The owners want to tinker with a model they guaranteed was gonna work last time, but it hasn't. Now remeber that guarentee cuz it's important.

So the owners force the players to a cap, as well as a substantive roll bac. A roll back on what were supposed to be Legaly binding contracts, a rollback i doubt a single owner would ever even consider suffering themselves if there was anyway a team of Armani suit wearing weasels for hire(lawyers) couldn't get them out of.

"Here" they said,"do us a solid, take a one time paycut, and agree to a salary cap and we can fix this league and make us all a bunch of money and give you all jobs."

So the players did it. They swallowed thier pride, tor up thier legally binding contracts, and signed new ones.

Don't tell me they were all greedy SOBs or that they all had thier backs against the wall cuz there were alot of players who just wanted to play and compete. Danial Alfreddsson for one did it willingly because he felt the 4.5 mil or whatever a year was enough for him. He felt that it was more important to blah blah blah.

So there has been nothing but good news since then. Right? Garry Braggs on tv about how much revenues are up, American viewers are going up, Record revenues, Sid the Kid, the whole shebang. Garry gets new contracts, soon he's better paid thn some of the league superstars are.

But.

It doesnt work.

Because the Owners are doing all the things they are doing with the silly salries right now, and then suddenly it's "Here, do us a solid, take a one time paycut, and agree to a salary cap and we can fix this league and make us all a bunch of and give you all jobs." "Guarenteed!"

AGAIN? Seiously?!?!

the article said the data was estimated. What about the money the league has soaked into keeping the coyotees afloat? Howabout the fees and travel expenses and procedural crap? is that all in there? that has to come out of league revenue. if that money alones was divied up it could pay for three or four forth line players.

Sorry Bad mangment shouldn't lead to the players being told they hae to take a hit on what they have signed , again legally binding contracts, for
Yeah they do need to do a better job or revenue sharing but if you realllllly like the NFL model then the players get 47% of revenue and non guaranteed contracts.

On another note the players WILL be taking a 50% or less split. both the NFL and NBA players did. The NHL is not even remotely as popular or as profitable as either of those sports. Half the owners are going to be saving money by not playing this season. They can sit out indefinitely the players cannot. So if they really believe they won't be taking a pay cut to 50% good luck to them.

Also the players blabbing on twitter are really starting to piss me off. Comparing them taking a paycut to people who probably for the most part aren't even making 80,000 a year. Saying they would play under the old CBA till a deal was reached righttttttt so Fehr can repeat his shenagins he pulled in baseball. Guys saying they'd love to see Bettman block a shot lol I'd love to see some of those nimrods get a law degree and blaming the whole lockout out on him even though they know he takes orders from the guys who sign their cheques. Guys saying its preposterous that player costs outside of salaries could possibly amount to anything meaningful enough that it's hurting the owners in the pockets. Trying to spread belief that there aren't a lot of teams in trouble financially and just because the NHL made money that means every team is profitable. One player flat out told a guy he was wrong that some teams aren't profitable and another guy spouting off about there being 1 Crosby in the world and 1200 billionaires. How many of those 1200 are wanting to get in the business of owning a sports team and specifically hockey. Esecially when when very few teams in this league make a serious profit. My guess... not too many. It is embarrassing and sad that they think we are that stupid or they are that ill informed and lacking any knowledge.

Last edited by veganhunter: 09-14-2012 at 01:36 AM.