View Single Post
Old
12-05-2003, 09:32 AM
goalchenyuk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
Sure Ribeiro has shortcomings, and I've posted plenty on that subject. His goal scoring is pathetic. Only one of his measly 3 goals was the result of a shot. The other 2 bounced in off his stick or his shoulder. But I have to admit that there's no one presently on the team who could better serve as the second line center because he is a playmaker. Of course, that second line could also stand improvement at LW and RW. Perreault and Dagenais are only stopgaps.

Things could be worse and I'm sure Gainey is constantly thinking about how to improve the team. I hope he isn't considering Michael Peca as a replacement for Ribeiro. Peca is on the downward slope. There are better players I would consider before Peca. The problem is how to get them.

Is there a prospect who could replace Ribeiro? Possibly Plekanec, but it may be too early.
you're right about his goals : ) but you know , since the start of the season , he've played with who ? Zednik , Perreault , Audette , Ryder and Hossa .From this list , once you have named Hossa , there is no other players that give the puck .It is the same situation for Koivu ;ryder and Zed shoot the puck every time they have it , they never try to do a play for Koivu.That's why he took 12 games to scored his first goal ( sure that he nedeed few games to got the shape but 12 ? )