View Single Post
Old
09-14-2012, 05:20 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
Wow, Soundandfury got schooled in his first 5 posts lol.
Sorry, I did not know, my apology to Soundandfury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
Kulikov, Should, and there is a good chance that he would sign a lucrative contract, but probably for one year. If he's insistent, he could have a mutual agreement to terminate the contract (some KHL clubs do that with youngsters to retain rights later on) but that also means that the club can change it's mind; And he would get less $$.
yeah, that is the case. There is always a possibility to mutually terminate contract. It happens (Dima Orlov, Kucherov, etc IMO Prokhorkin will make the same soon to be able to sign NHL). Kulikov is speacial case (if has NO NHL contract) because contracts of NHLers in KHL are automatically terminated when lockout is canceled. No will of KHL club for termination is needed. Kulikov has no NHL contract so KHL rules about lockout dont apply to him. He can sign standard one-year deal in KHL, not special contract for NHLers. At least I understand it like this. But he has no guarantee that KHL club will terminate contract if lockout is canceled. Ok, verbal deal can be reached. OR contract is terminated by player (he pays money to club).

Another situation could be if Kulikov has standard KHL contract and he wants to sign new one in NHL (when lockout is canceled). He needs to terminate his KHL contract before singing NHL one. Will he done it?

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote