View Single Post
Old
09-14-2012, 07:26 AM
handyj

vCash: 500
I mostly agree with you that Howson is a bit unfairly portrayed on here, but that being said I don't think he's necessarily done a good job up to this point. It just seems that he has very little direction or foresight or planning. The Carter trade I think is pretty bad even if he doesn't bomb out just because it reeks of the Phil Kessel trade that Burke gets ragged on here all the time for. A team that is several pieces away and trades two 1sts (albeit one a previous 1st in Voracek) for a player to put them over the top supposedly. But I will give it to him that the trade with LA was good value for the situation.

The Nash deal is hard to say at this point, but to me it somewhat lacks direction too. It's not bad value but it just seems like that value is partially in futures and partially in guys to help now, but that won't help enough to put them over the top. I know Columbus has been rebuilding since day one and their fans are probably tired of it, but if Nash had've been dealt for only futures he'd probably have brought in atleast one more blue chipper to build around. And if the Carter trade had never happened then the Jackets could be building right now around Couturier, Murray, and whatever blue chippers Nash brought in. I know hindsight is 20/20 but overall I just feel sometimes Howson isn't sure if this team is coming or going.

handyj is offline   Reply With Quote