View Single Post
Old
12-05-2003, 10:35 AM
ginner classic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphy101
I wouldn't mind seeing that but on the other hand, the Oil have enough small forwards. I would be tempted to say that perry and a 1st would be better for the Oilers than Chistov. They don't need anymore forwards(unless they are stars), they already have a log jam upfront.

In regards to Curtis Brown. I don't think the Oilers need another centerman. Oates, York, Reasoner, and Stoll is solid when Reasoner comes back in a couple of weeks. That still leaves Horcoff in the pressbox.
I just prefer York on the wing. Given the amount of icetime he gets it would simplify his responsibilties 5 on 5. You guys ride him the way my Nux use Morrison......too damn much. You are going to want him well rested come playoff time. Another elite PK guy would really ease up the pressure on him. Getting Oates was a good start. I think Perry is a good idea if he comes with a pick....the Vishinator is really the dealmaker as you absolutely have to improve that D. Hannan would be a bit better but you could no expect another prospect in a SJ deal. Rathje (if re-signed) would be even better.