View Single Post
Old
09-14-2012, 11:41 AM
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I'm not playing down the loss of Parenteau's 67 pts, but I am confident after seeing the chemistry between Moulson/Tavares/Okposo in Jan + the last 3-4 games in April, that Okposo will slide right onto that line and they will do well.
I think we will see Okposo with Bailey on the 2nd line. I'm pretty confident that whoever we stick with Tavares and Moulson will be productive, and since Bailey and Okposo seem to work well together I'd rather keep them both on the 2nd line.

I'm sure Boyes will get a long look on the 1st line, and if he doesn't work out I would guess we'll see some experiments with some of our young wingers(Nino, Grabner, Kabanov, Persson, maybe even Martin or Nelson), or the Isles will reach into their deep prospect system and look at the trade market. I could see any of Iginla, Pavelski or Ryan being available at some point next year. Considering the amount of youth already at the NHL level, the Islanders could put a package together of Nelson, deHaan and a 1st without really mortgaging much(if any) of the future.

My guess is we'll see something resembling this lineup if there is a season this year:

Moulson - Tavares - Boyes
Bailey - Strome - Okposo
Nino - Nielsen - Grabner
Martin - Cizikas - Ullstrom

Personally, I like the make-up of this lineup. Potential for 3 scoring lines. Very tough/fiesty 4th line. Even if Boyes doesn't pan out, we'll have a lot of options to consider. Should be a fun year. Hopefully we'll get a chance to enjoy it.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote