Thread: Confirmed with Link: Free Agency Thread
View Single Post
Old
09-14-2012, 12:35 PM
STL fan in IA

vCash: 500
Here are my thoughts on Colaiacovo.

1. It made sense for the Blues to not sign him. Cola is ideally a 2nd/3rd pairing d-man and the Blues already have plenty of those. I still think they need to add a legit partner for Petro but Cola wasn't it.

2. It made sense for the Wings to sign him. Cola will likely be used as a 2nd/3rd pairing d-man there so it should be a good fit for him. Some Blues fans seem to think of Cola as being useless or only good enough to be a 7th d-man but he's not. As long as he's not being asked to do more than he's capable of, he's fine.

3. I expect the Wings to still be a good team this season...whenever that is. Yes, they lost Lidstrom so they're hurting at D but they still have Datsyuk, Zetterburg, Franzen, etc. up front and Howard in net. AND they're a team always willing to spend to the cap so depending on what kind of cap room they end up with depending on the details of the agreement the two sides eventually agree upon, I could very well see the Wings add a d-man at the deadline to take them back to elite level.

STL fan in IA is offline   Reply With Quote