View Single Post
Old
09-14-2012, 02:25 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
This is nitpicking, but looking at his assists among all players (not points) would be like measuring Craven’s effectiveness by his goal scoring among all players.
Right -- I was arriving at the same place by the logic that we already know his goal numbers, so looking up his points would effectively give us his assists as well. His PP scoring is slanted toward goals, and his role slanted away from playmaking, to such an extent that I don't see the relevance of his ability to pile assists onto his goal total.

But it is interesting that his PP numbers are still within the pack. I would assume that's the result of a fairly high goals:assist ratio, as compared to the more rounded or assist-oriented games of those comparables.

At the end of the day, he's surely not an elite PP producer but I don't see why he couldn't fill the very narrow role of being a crease presence on the second unit. Also, I think it was Canadiens 1958 who pointed this out, it would mean that there wouldn't be a need for a wholesale line change post-PP if the 4th line rolls in.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote