View Single Post
Old
09-14-2012, 01:52 PM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Agreed. I think they just weren't worried -at all- about him being claimed. I don't think St-Denis would be claimed today if he were waived either.

Not like it quite worked out for Columbus either, though. At the time, it was more controversial just that they essentially got him in Syracuse to play against Hamilton. Nobody ever thought he'd emerge like he did in Anaheim.
I think it worked out for Columbus. He made the team and he was later traded for Sergei Fedorov. I know that it was mostly a salary dump, but it's not like Beauchemin had negative value at that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBrannigan View Post
Here's a snippet from the Tampa beat writer. Explains why Wyman sent down but also relates an AHL rule that may clear up who had to be waived and who didn't.

Put on waivers was forward J.T. Wyman. That was done, Lightning assistant general manager Julien BriseBois said, because of an AHL rule that players who did not finish a previous season with an AHL club and were not on a Clear Day (playoff-eligible) list, must pass through waivers to be assigned to an AHL team.

Edit: so to use the Lightning as an example, Aulie, Labrie, and the like don't need waivers since they were on Norfolk's clear day roster last season. Hope that helps.
Thanks. I'm not sure how this works out for the Habs. Palushaj and St.Denis were on the clear day roster list but they finished the season in Montreal.