Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: Andrei Kostitsyn signs with Traktor Chelyabinsk (KHL)
View Single Post
Old
09-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
I believe he really did consider the NHL over anywhere else; otherwise he wouldn't have waited this long to leave. If he wanted the money and the KHL offer was on the table months ago, I think he would have made up his mind and taken it then.

I also would have liked him to stay in Nashville. It just seemed "right" but unfortunately for both him and Radulov, it didn't work out and now they sit in another league apart from each other. I also agree that Nashville might have taken the situation a bit too seriously, but Poile and Trotz want hard workers and don't have time for shenanigans. I think it was fair to give up on Radulov, as he let them down time and time again, but Kostitsyn I thought deserved another chance. Apparently they felt differently.

There had to be NHL teams offering him something though. For whatever reason he didn't find a new home. I thought Buffalo, Montreal, Phoenix, or New Jersey could have been teams wanting him. Oh well. Hope to see him come back eventually. He's definitely a good player and is NHL-caliber.
My feeling too. Radulov made some dumb decision off the ice and played poorly on the ice in the playoffs. AK was there second best forward (or near that.)

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote