View Single Post
Old
09-14-2012, 04:41 PM
Andy Dufresne

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alflives View Post
Let's look at this logically.

Over the next season or two the Canucks continue along the same path as before: winning President's trophies, but losing out in the playoffs. There is no evidence to indicate any other expectation.

Next year, or the year after, one of the Canucks younger talents (Jensen) develops to the level where he can contribute in the top 6. Or, they sign Doan. Or ???

Burrows (who has significant value on the trade market) could be moved for a piece the roster is missing. Oh no! Now he can't be traded!
So...logically, if you actually believe the bolded then you must be advocating for a complete rebuilding process right? Your faith that this current core can't win a cup, is a much larger statement than not liking this Burrows contract, really curious to hear who you want to trade the Sedins for? Really though if 31 is 'old' then I guess Hamhuis and Bieksa are about to be old so we should probably move them before they get old, not to mention Kesler who seems to be aging in dog years, better get rid of him too. I can't wait for our team full of shiny new prospects who have no chance of even making the playoffs, i've certainly envied Oiler fans over these last few years

There is certainly no guarantee Jensen is ever a top 6 forward in the NHL, or that we sign Doan (why would you even advocate for that if you want to rebuild?) and guys with NTC's get moved on a fairly regular basis anyway. So, yes! He can be traded!