Thread: Proposal: KINGS-Jackets-Edmonton.
View Single Post
Old
09-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
lets see if my tweek to this is any better
kings choice of la 1st in 13 or nyr 1st in 13 and columus 3rd (from columbus) Nikolai Khabibulin right to Linus Omark edmontons 2nd 13

columbus simon gagne and Jonathan Bernier

emonton mason and Andrei Loktionov
To the extent that we have any desire to go after Bernier at all, this is more attractive. Not by much, though, thanks to Gagne's unfortunate injury history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
I think Bernier would be a good fit in Columbus and would thrive in competition with Bobrovsky for the starting role. This trade, however, is terrible for the Blue Jackets. There is no reason for Edmonton to be in this deal, either. The interesting part is that with Bernier, the Blue Jackets pick probably wouldn't be in the top 5 anymore, making the return much different.

How about this?

To LAK: Columbus 1st 2013, Steve Mason

To CLB: Jonathan Bernier, Andrei Loktionov, Thomas Hickey/Jake Muzzin

Steve Mason is a tricky player here because we've seen what he can do, it just seems like he's forgotten how to do it. I don't value him highly here, obviously. I don't see him being more than a backup goaltender anymore.
None of those are assets we particularly need or want. We have tons of offensive blueline prospects, we've got almost as many undersized skill forwards, and see above re: Bernier.

It's certainly more than fair value; it's just not what we hope to get out of that pick.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote