View Single Post
Old
09-14-2012, 04:43 PM
lush
@jasonlush

vCash: 500
The idea was discussed quite a bit last week (from what I remember) and this was one of the more popular ideas that was being tossed around. Freeze the cap, let it go back up once the split shifted to the owners a bit more.

I haven't commented on the CBA much either, it's hard to stomach the conversation to be honest. But the problem truly seems to be the disparity in revenues between the clubs. You have a bunch of clubs swimming in money and a bunch hemorrhaging money. The clubs making money are making more proportionately which is why the cap keeps going up. The clubs losing money have to reach the ever rising cap floor and are going bankrupt in the process.

What you suggested is almost common sense, to me it seemed a likely outcome if they don't actually lock out (that being the agreement would look something like this). If they do lock out and get more time to fight about it I think we might see more creativity in the end agreement. Fehr may come up with something and the joke circulating now is that as soon as Fehr can make his solution look like Bettman's idea the lockout will be over.

They need to think outside the box, be able to trade salary or money or cap space, have designated players that are cap exempt and be able to trade those slots from poor teams to rich teams for cash, something that allows the rich teams to help out the poor teams. Contraction would do the trick but the PA wouldn't like it.

lush is offline   Reply With Quote