View Single Post
Old
09-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I've watched carter in philly. To be honest, his stride when he skates is very effortless. He never showed any real emotion or physicality when he played and that sometimes get mistaken for floating.

To say whether or not he was floating is hard to say but his demeanor is very quite reserved and shy. And I think that reflects on the ice which hurts his perception.
I personally spent years being annoyed by the idea of Rick Nash floating for the same reason; he's fairly tall and takes long strides, which make it look like he's gliding. I personally read almost nothing into the display of effort.

I also saw quite a bit of Carter in Philadelphia, and couldn't believe how disconnected he looked in Columbus. I was watching a game with the wife in early February, and he generated a scoring chance, backchecked all the way to his own goal line after a turnover, and ended up going right back up the ice and creating another scoring chance. I said, "If this SOB had played this season at even 50% of this effort level, things would be a lot different."

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote